Wednesday 22 November 2017

Countdown to Christmas Day 23 - a pretty handmade box for tealights






Hello and welcome to my third and final project in the Countdown to Christmas series.

I love making boxes and have made 100s over the years - if I can gift something in a box then I'm a happy chappy :)

Here is the box I have made for you today.




 It contains 4 tea lights which I bought in B & Q.  They cost £2.50 - £3 for 24 and they smell divine.  When you walk in my craft room it is heavenly.  I think this project would make a great gift when you want to give something but don't want to spend much money.

I've taken lots of step by step photos so hopefully it wil be straight forward.  So here goes:-

You will need a piece of cardstock measuring 7 7/8" x 5 7/8",  a very small amount of matching patterned paper, some adhesive (I prefer wet glue as it gives me some wiggle time), a score board or trimmer that you can score with and a bone folder.


















Once you've got the hang of glueing these boxes together, you will find it easier to put the patterned paper on before you glue it.

Here are some more I have made.




I hope you have enjoyed my little project and make several as gifts.  

Happy Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous instructions. Im going to have a go and if it finishes up ok i will do them for table presents . Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Susi, I want to make one now! xxx

    ReplyDelete