Monday 2 May 2016

Birthday cards

For some reason I am completely forgetting about my blog and another month has passed with no entries even though I am making cards, mini albums and doing the odd scrapbook layout in between clearing my craft room of unwanted and unloved papers and other bits and bobs.

This card is a great way of using odd scraps of paper and I've made quite a few to use over the coming months.  I got the idea from that fabulous site, Pinterest.



It's ever so easy to make and fits in to a C6 envelope although mine will need a large letter stamp.
The basic instructions are below.

Take a sheet of cardstock - I used white because it complimented the papers I wanted to use.  Trim 2.5" off the 8.25" side.




Score at 1.5", 3", 5.25" and 8" and fold like this:


Burnish the creases.

Now choose your patterned papers.


Stick them to your card as shown below and add a greeting.  On this card I only decorated three panels but on the first card I did all five - it's up to you.


Now decorate - I used punches and dies and made some pretty matching flowers for mine.



A simple but effective card.  I also made some cutting the A4 card in half lengthwise so I could get two cards out of one sheet - the scoring is the same but you will need to adjust the length of the patterned papers.  I haven't taken a photo of them but I will do and post later.

And here they are:



with matching envelopes.


4 comments:

  1. Perfect! I will be making these :)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo I love those flowers, and thank you for a more interesting card template - I am shocking I just go for the simple fold in half, but I love this accordian one, I will have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the instructions . It's always nice to have a few different card templates.

    ReplyDelete