Wednesday 6 April 2016

For Gracie ...

I haven't really felt like doing any scrapbooking for awhile but I have enjoyed making mini photo albums and today I'm showing you one that is just about finished.  It started out as a way to use up some old papers and as I was making this album, I knew I had to give it to Gracie.

Now most of you won't know who Gracie is - she is my daughter's girlfriend.  They have been together over two years and at the beginning of January, moved into their first home together.  Six weeks later, Gracie was playing rugby as she normally did on a Sunday when she had an accident.  A freak accident which ended up in her having her right leg amputated above the knee.  You can imagine the shock and horror for her and all the family but Gracie is just getting on with things.  She came out of hospital on Friday and is just so positive about her new life - not the life she imagined but one that will hopefully be as equally fulfilling.  If you want to read more about Gracie she has started her own blog and here is the link:  https://grapeygrapes.wordpress.com/

The papers just beg for Gracie to tell her story and I want her to write down her thoughts and feelings as the weeks progress so that she has something physical to look at when she is having a down day and she can see how far she has come.

This is the front cover and it conveniently says on it "My story"!



This is the inside


the left side has lots of photo mats and journalling tags



and the right side is a waterfall effect with places again for lots of photos and journalling.


I thought this sticker went well on the spine :)



It's not quite finished - I want to decorate the front a bit and do a closure/fastener of some sort on it and I have ordered some but they haven't arrived yet.
I got the idea of this book (which measures 8.5" x 4.5" x 1") from My Sisters Scrapper and there are lots of her videos out there on YouTube.



3 comments:

  1. Oh my your post brought a lump to my throat, Susi. And the book is beautiful.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely idea Susi & beautiful minibook & papers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a story.. I hope she makes a full and worthwhile recovery. That's such a lovely mini to record her thoughts. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete